Ginger Alden Comments

Edit Information Add Photos

Do you like Ginger Alden?

Please click here to Post a Comment
« Previous | 1 | 2 | Next »
Posted by Dodie
mths ago
The facts are that Elvis fell in love with her..This came directly from Vernon..He said that Elvis brought Ginger to his house so that she could show her engagement ring to him..He also stated that Elvis said TO he wanted to marry her, and he wanted to have more children with her being the Mother....The fact that she didn't write books, give extensive interviews in which she probably could have made hundreds of thousands of money for, she's the only one who didn't have negative things to say about him.......That would include Priscilla who wrote the book and made the movie, and showed Elvis in a truly bad light..Linda Thompson was also good for him..He might have died much earlier without her....The fact remains that Jerry Schilling and Charlie Hodge were both told by Elvis that they planned to marry her...Elvis said that he knew the woman he was looking for was out there, but he didn't expect to find her in his backyard.

Posted by Montana
mths ago
Ginger was just a fashion accessory according to some sources he was ready to offload her. Linda was the one who really stood by him in his later years. IMO she was the one he wanted to marry not Ginger...

Posted by Bill Keen
yrs ago
All these rumors about Ginger and her family are just that, rumors. Ginger has been unfairly treated because some of the leeches and vultures that were around Elvis were jealous of her, afraid of losing their meal ticket because she had their number...just because she stood her ground and would say no she did not agree with some things they disliked her. God Bless her? and her family, they were the only loyal people around Elvis.

Posted by gloia k v 585-385-3482
yrs ago
i want to purchase the elvis poster/picture hanging on the wall behind a picture of ginger alden;the elvis picture is from year 1978;

Posted by db050893
yrs ago
Eriel - you cannot even begin to compare MJ To the King Elvis. MJ may have been a better technical dancer but thats where it ends. Elvis was/is the King and MJ only married Lisa to get hopefully some of the portfolio - my thoughts

Posted by Eriel Hayden
yrs ago
but.....remember he not the king of pop micheal jackson is the mostest well....Elvis is a little bit of king but mj is the best r.i.p MJ and Elvis

Posted by Rose Stoneking
yrs ago
Elvis lost his mom too young,married the wrong woman,kept the wrong so called friends around including his step brothers and their mom who Elvis did not like.Vernon chose the wrong woman,so Elvis did not even have a decent step mother.Finaly,Ginger came along but it was too late.Everyone had already did to much damage to this beautiful man.Ginger was to late to help.She and her family were the only normal,decent people he had ever known.Bless his heart and soul.!!!!!

Posted by db050893
yrs ago
All of his women were beautiful - would love to turn back the clock and have a bit of time with Elvis - I gotta say he is the most gorgeous of gods creatures is he not - I am forver speechless when I see him. Oh Well I lived in his lifetime.

Posted by Gonogini
yrs ago
I think Ginger ALden was the most beautiful woman of Elvis`s ,because she is really a beautiful woman!!!

Posted by Carron
yrs ago
Hi everyone, I just wanted to comment on the Will and Ginger. I have no idea what the laws are in USA and even if they are different from state to state but I am from New Zealand which is down under Australia and one of our laws regarding Wills is that if you are going to be a beneficiary of that Will you cannot be a Witness. So if that were the case with Elvis then he perhaps had no intention of incorporating her into his Will. As mentioned I would be interested in your estate laws. God Bless the Man I Love Him and His Music. Carron New Zealand

Posted by guest0987
yrs ago
Marion, I don`t think so. Though Priscilla has had a lot of time to convince people of that.

Posted by Marion
yrs ago
Elvis truely, only loved one woman, that being Priscilla.

Posted by Timothy Alden
yrs ago
I feel for you Ginger!You were and always will be special and talented.The total crap some of these folks come up with,shows why you have kept your personnal relationship with Elvis to yourself.Some of you folks need to get your own life already and stop insulting The Kings last friend.

Posted by John Chancey
yrs ago
Hey candy...Get your facts straight...Especially about TG Sheppard. He never asked Elvis for a bus...or anything else for that matter. Elvis only gave what he wanted people to have.

Posted by Ginger
yrs ago
She has my name

Posted by gertmariska
yrs ago
You`re right Lailia That`s Priscilla!! Beautiful lady

Posted by Lailia
yrs ago
I`m not sure that picture being used with the fringed outfit is Ginger. I think that is Priscilla.

Posted by epsquad
yrs ago
Can you imagine entering Elvis Presley`s life and all that went along with that?You can bet those people looked at everyone as threats. Even a stepbrother(yikes I actually mentioned one) said they looked at every girl as greedy or in for what they could get. It probably only took away from them. Bet Priscilla was jealous and scared when she saw how serious Elvis actually was about Ginger, not to mention the others...

Posted by epsquad
yrs ago
There are a lot of fans who think things were really starting to change at Graceland. Elvis stated it, his dad, Ginger, Larry Geller and more. It was some friends he wasn`t happy with, not Ginger or her family who did nothing but enter his life later and care deeply for him. The greed some of his friends had manifested from the get go and still is. Some even tried to turn Ginger and Elvis` relationship into a negative thing when it was I am sure quite the contrary. He was a complex man and had disagreements with all for years. Linda, Priscilla etc..Some even lied about Ginger touring with Elvis which she indeed did. They said she didn`t go to Nashville with him when she indeed was there. I have the newspaper clipping. What vicious lies have tried to be spread about someone so dear to him and possibly the next Mrs. Presley. He didn`t give her the biggest TLC for nothing.

Posted by epsquad
yrs ago
I am sure Ginger and her family loved Elvis for him and why not? He was a gorgeous great man as they have stated. You can bet the ones in for perks were some friends and ex girlfriends!! Terrible to speak that way about a nice family whom Elvis loved. They were there because Elvis wanted them there. We weren`t so yes I am jealous.

Posted by Fan4life
yrs ago
Someone should have put their foot down?????? WITH ELVIS?? Don`t you think those who loved him tried?? Elvis didn`t listen to anyone!! Vernon tried, but not alot was known about perscription addicts.

Posted by jazzyjane
yrs ago
I think Elvis was trying to recapture his youth - Ginger was a fresh-twenty-year old girl and to me, Elvis always loved innocence. She was in for the perks, no doubt with the encouragement of her greedy family. People around Elvis, who were close to him, watched him commit slow suicide and did nothting. Someone should have put a firm foot down and stopped the self-destruction.

Posted by Shane Finnegan
yrs ago
I Agree with below, everyone has to understand that Ginger was 20 Years under than a very demanding Elvis. Yes she wanted her freedom, who would want to be kept in the cocoon like enviroment that Elvis lived in the later years. I am an Elvis fan, son`t get me wronghowever, people would want to lighten up and understand that Elvis DID love Ginger, he wanted and needed her beside him, she to her credit did waht she could for a man who was very demanding and required alot of attention!. Ginger was with Elvis when he needed a close companion and she gave to him what she could and what coild be expected of a 20 year old girl. I have no doubt that she loved Elvis deeply, however living in his world must of had it`s drawbacks but she was with him, he proposed to her, when it could have been others. It was a shame the way she was treated after Elvis died and after all these years she has never said a dad word against the man. No person can take grief from what their mother does.

Posted by jeanine
yrs ago
I never quite understood why it was Priscilla who took over Elvis funeral.And every special that aired on TV after his passing. It was GINGER who found Elvis when he passed away. It was Ginger who shared his last thoughts and wore his TLC ring on her left ring finger. Anyone who does an ounce of research can find this out from other sources other than Ginger. I am pleased to say that Ginger`s book is almost finished. It will expose all the lies and shed a new light on the changes Elvis was about to embark on. All you misguilded people will be enlightened and will understand the morality, ethics, and character, that Ginger possessed . Elvis recognized it and that is why SHE was the only one ( besides Priscilla ) he ever proposed to. No wonder why Priscilla was jealous. No other Woman Elvis had... could ever claim that HE ever wanted to marry her. Personally I can`t wait for her book to come out. It`s LONG OVER DUE. All you disbelievers will be eating CROW. LOL

Posted by fan4life
yrs ago
I think that we all seem to love Elvis and will never really know what would have happened between him and Ginger. I personally didn`t like the fact that her family sued his estate after his death over a breach of promise due to a swimming pool but..... Also Elvis did redo his will after meeting Ginger. In fact she was a witness that signed the will.

Posted by allboutep
yrs ago
Why would someone shower and get made up. She was never on television after that and how cruel.If friends were so concerned with Elvis,why take notice of her anyway.Sounds like a lot of jealousy as friends were the ones who popped up all over t.v.His road manager even said he found him. What lies...

Posted by allboutep
yrs ago
What I`ve read shows no fight , Elvis in great mood before tour. Old boyfriend of Gingers stated Ginger told him she needed and wanted to be with Elvis.Too many wrong rumours flying around.She was a great girl for him..

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
Elvis will was dated 76 and quickly changed to 77 to head to Hawaii.He and Ginger were recently engaged.Had they been together longer I am sure he would have put her in it. Some do indeed say a second and she and a few others probably were in it but we will never know.Never ever heard her complain about it. Priscilla is so lucky as Lisa was her meal ticket...Vernon did what he had to. name Lisa`s only suriviving parent to help.

Posted by Carla
yrs ago
I had the pleasure of talking with Lowell Hays and he told me that the group around Elvis were the ones that started all of this maliciousness regarding Ginger Alden because they lost their meal tickets..I also got to talk with Bill Burke who just recently passed away and he told me the same.. .Said Ginger Alden was a very nice person and no wonder that it was her that he chose to become engaged to! In regards to Elvis`s will, I am sure Elvis did not want to name her in it until they were married. Makes good business sense but then I heard there was indeed a second will so who knows? Maybe she was left in the will and the greed of other`s took over. I don`t know but it is obvious that no matter what anyone says, Ginger and Elvis were engaged and no other girl had an engagement ring from Elvis except Priscilla and her`s was not as large as Ginger`s Mr. Hays told me.

Posted by FortheloveofElvis
yrs ago
First of all, from what I have read over the years, Ginger and Elvis had a fight the night before due to Elvis wanting her to go on the road with him and she did not want to go, he had already arranged for another girl to meet him the first night of the tour, second, why did it take Ginger Alden so long to ring down and let someone know that she had found Elvis? They say she found him, made a call to her mother, showered, dressed, did her makeup and then called down, if that is true then she is truly an individual I would not believe. And why was she not in the will? Also, is it true she was still partying and seeing her old boyfriend when she was with Elvis?

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
Robert, that is so exciting that you lived close to Graceland.You could probably write a book.hah.Can you imagine entering Elvis` life and having to put up with a lot of guys hanging around I give Ginger and Priscilla credit.Don`t think I could have done it but sounds like he did spend more time alone with Ginger.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
Many think that Ginger was very good for him. He performed some of his best shows then.So he had issues at times with his weight.His voice was at its peak and he looked happy with her. What a couple they made!!Glad he found what he was looking for.

Posted by Robert
yrs ago
I was a neighbor of Vernon Presley`s and Ginger and Elvis were indeed ENGAGED period! Vernon told me himself and I saw Ginger Alden`s engagement ring as it was made from Elvis`s favorite ring, his TCB ring..Lowell Hays (Elvis`s jeweler) made it for Elvis because he was indeed going to marry Ginger! Vernon told me that Elvis was going to marry Ginger Alden and would have if he had not passed away. Ginger`s engagement ring was 11 1/2 carats BIG..You don`t give anyone a ring that size that you don`t LOVE! I don`t care what you hear from others or what they say because I talked with the 2 people that KNEW and that was Elvis`s father Vernon and Lowell Hays, Elvis`s Jeweler. IF anyone knew,THEY DID for sure..Others were just jealous ass holes because they did not want Elvis to remarry anyone again!

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
Vernon`s good housekeeping interview told how both elvis and ginger came over to tell him and show him ginger`s ring.saw a copy of her ring on the internet. they are selling copies now on ebay. his personal jeweler tells a lovely story of their engagment and making that ring under ginger aldens engagement ring.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
Elvis proposed to Ginger in his bathroom and later came out to show her ring to charlie hodge, david stanley and a few others there according to past interviews from many.They set their wedding date in Lisa`s bedroom where they met.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
There is an awful lot of jealousy on this board for her.Just what happens when someone is as important as Ginger was to him. Boy, I hope she does tell her memoirs one day.Good or bad it would be one of the most truthful out there many think.Bet some thought she would be just another date and how serious they were for each other probably scared a few.gosh what would possibly happen to them or their jobs.She has a lot of dignity and always spoken so nicely on Elvis.He was so happy and though not 20 or 30 anymore, he was perfoming some of his best concerts with her.The more important one is the more controversial.They were happy together and that is all that matters regardless of what a few others have tried to turn their relationship into. They never spoke to highly of Elvis either.

Posted by candy
yrs ago
fan4life..so what IS your connection to the presleys? I too, am a devoted fan of Elvis`, but I must say that in spite of his human failing, and I KNOW there were many, he was a very USED individual. Just like when T. G. Sheppard showed up , asked for a tour bus and GOT IT...what nerve. Elvis was flawed yes, yet a true fan stil loves him as I do. I am so sorry that he missed out on his true calling and that was to lead people in the right direction. I know he was stubborn ,but to let a man die right in front of them was appalling. His dad should have done something. IT is just sad. He meant so much to so many.

Posted by Fan4life
yrs ago
Happy Birthday Elvis!!

Posted by Fan4life
yrs ago
Hi Candy, I wish that I remembered more details but I was young and not really aware of the status Elvis had. I think that now I have kind of formed them all into a hugh memory instead of a selective time memory (if that make sense). As for your take on the "guys" around Elvis..... Everyone including Priscilla would tell you that he was "BOSS" and no one could have helped him. He honestly didn`t think his medications were like street drugs. We all need to remember that perscription addicts were not recognized like they are today. There wasn`t a rehad center in every town. Some people used him yes...but like Elvis the stories are sometimes (only sometimes) over blown. Still I am happy that my connection has always been faithful to Elvis, and the Presley family.

Posted by candy
yrs ago
everyone around elvis took advantage of his "demons",,in essence he was USED to the hilt. I have NO respect for ANYONE on this earth who uses other people. The mafia..should have grown up too...elvis was about to fire joe too. He was cleaning house..too bad he didn`t get to do it.

Posted by candy
yrs ago
Hi fan4life...wish you could say who you are..but playing at graceland must have been nice. Also..to this person who defends ginger,, why was LINDA the person Lisa called? why wasn`t she being consoled by ginger?He had NO plans to marry her, and if they had a big fight the night before he died then maybe that is why she was so "composed" in the interviews..I never saw ONE tear from her eyes.not one... ONe more thing to the person who said priscilla was the only woman who mad elvis happy..does anyone remember ANN MARGRET? he loved her too. I feel bad for Lisa. Elvis should have taken more responsibilit for himself and also gotten rid of rotten parker. I STILL say his death was a violent heart attach due to anaphylactic shock from codeine..that "somehow" he took....he was allergic.. I hope Ginger doesn`t write a book...but if she does maybe she WILL explain why she wasn`t at vernon`s funeral..future daughter in law indeed!

Posted by candy
yrs ago
I sounded harsh in a post about ginger alden, but it irks me to think about all those around elvis who used him. I Think Elvis had a massive heart attack due to someone switching his meds. He was allergic to codeine which was present in his body, causing anaphylatic shock. Also..he wasn`t perfect. Some of his actions disappointed me, but I think there are a lot of lies also. The guys took as much pills as he did. If the pills were switched so that someone could sell them on the street,,then elvis was murdered. Seems as though "somebody" in the family would dig deeper into this.

Posted by candy
yrs ago
Ginger Alden hasn`t written a book because Elvis didn`t mean that much to her anyway. Some of the memphis mafia have stated that he would never have married her. I don`t think she was ever in love with him, just another user.

Posted by michillene
yrs ago
I have always had a deep respect for Ginger, there is no doubt a lot she could tell the world, she could make money by writing a book but has not. She is a fine lady

Posted by jeanine
yrs ago
Ginger has a story to tell. But because she follows her heart and cares about loved one`s in her life. She has chosen not to write a book about her LOVE affair WITH ELVIS. That seperate`s her from all the other opportunite`s THAT HAVE CASHED IN FROM HAVING A RELATIONSHIP WITH ELVIS.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Congratulations fan4life on the birth of your granddaughter, enjoy her. Now you have a happy celebration for August 16th.

Posted by fan4life
yrs ago
Hey folks my grand daughter arrived on due date..August 16th. I tried to get my son and daughter in law to name her Presley but they chose Lexy instead. So now August 16th won`t be only a day of sadness even though I will still think of Elvis we will celebrate the birth of our beautiful baby girl. I too wish Lisa Marie a safe delivery and healthy happy babies. Anyone hear if they are identical twins? Elvis had an identical twin brother and Priscilla has brothers that are twins.

Posted by kelly landorf
yrs ago
long live the king and his music

Posted by Katherine
yrs ago
Hi Lisa Marie, no babies yet? Soon I hope. I only wish you a safe and uncomplicated delivery of healthy twins. Oh Lisa, you look so beautiful and healthy and pregnant. I think of your late father and I wish he could be with us today. Since he cannot be, we have you, and we have his and your gorgeous mother`s grandchildren. Your father, Elvis Presly`s many beautiful legacies he has left with us. I am grateful to him for leaving you, his beautiful baby girl with us and now you are giving us the grandkids the whole world is proud of. Thank you so very much, Lisa Marie Presley.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
IT`S VERY CLEAR THAT ELVIS, PRISCILLA, LISA MARIE AND LISA`S CHILDREN WILL ALWAYS BE LOVED AND THOUGHT OF FONDLY, JUST AS IT SHOULD BE. THIS IS TRULY ELVIS` FAMILY. HE IS PROUD.

Posted by Kathie
yrs ago
I too would like to wish the lovely mommy-to-be, Lisa Marie a safe delivery, when she has her twins. I am sure Grandma Priscilla and every one in the Presley clan will be ecstatic when the little ones come. Elvis would have have been so proud of his baby girl and he would have been there for her and with her. God bless you, Lisa Marie. I love the memory of your father very much. I grew up watching my eldest sister swoon over him. He was one man that the world will never forget. He lives forever in our hearts. `Bye Lisa and I cannot wait to see the pictures of your babies. All the best to you, your mom, your children, your brother and the rest of your family. I can`t say enough how much you are loved. I spent many hours on the internet looking at your pictures. I love the slideshow of your parents` wedding. Your mother was lovely and your father was H-A-N-D-S-O-M-E. We love you very much, Lisa Marie. You are the image of Elvis Presley.

Posted by Katie
yrs ago
Aw, I jus` love Priscilla, Elvis and Lisa Marie. Priscilla is so gorgeous and she is the only woman that made Elvis happy. I was so sad when they divorced. It is clear, Priscilla and Elvis loved each other to the end. The other women were there jus` because he wanted them there for companionship. I don`t believe he would ever have married any one of them. Priscilla is breathtakingly beautiful. She was radiant in her wedding attire. You think Elvis would jus` wipe that image of her right out of his mind and marry someone else? I don`t think so. Let`s face it, Priscilla waited for Elvis since she was fourteen. Theirs is the truest love story, if I ever read one. Good luck, say all you want, but for me, it`s Elvis, Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley all the way.

Posted by FAN4LIFE
yrs ago
Once again we are coming up to the date of Elvis` death. I always enjoyed Elvis week but this year our second grandbaby is due on August 16th so we wont be traveling to Memphis. I would love to see the baby arrive on what has been a sad date for the past 31 years, however I realize babies hardly ever arrive on the date due. Lisa Marie is due soon!!! I haven`t any inside information. Just wishing her an easy delivery.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Ginger is a smart woman, she will never write a book because she knows that her "truth" will be challenged with REALITY AND THE REAL TRUTH. ELVIS WAS NEVER GOING TO MARRY HER.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
Yes, Jeanine, I agree as so many do. I remember reading Vernon`s statements about their engagement along with the jeweler`s not to mention others in his group which have acknowledged the engagement. Unfortunately, Ginger`s silence has not left many with a lot to go on... Hope she indeed writes a book... Thousands of us will be so eager to read it....

Posted by fan4life
yrs ago
I have Elvis and Me and I konw it starts off with her saying they were talking about maybe one day.... and that he was thinking of breaking up with Ginger due to her age and that he didn`t think he was up to it again... However I don`t believe it ever says they were engaged. I will go home and look this up. If you like to read about Elvis the book Me and a Guy named Elvis by Jerry Schilling is really good. You see him from a friends point of view. Not someone who took advantage but someone who was a remarkable friend. Highly recommend it.

Posted by DDD1969
yrs ago
In Priscilla`s book, she stated that Ginger and Elvis were engaged but that he was thinking of breaking up with her because there were too many problems and that he was tired of having to raise a child (into a woman).

Posted by FAN4LIFE
yrs ago
The truth is that no matter who you believe it will never be confirmed by the one man who knows and that is Elvis. I see way too many uncharactoristic (spelling) traits for this to have been true. That he introduced her at a concert as a girlfriend doesn`t mean anything. He also introduced time and time again Priscilla after the divorce. Once explaining to the crowd that another woman nor another man broke them up. That his scheduling did. Now I think Mike Stone had a lot to do with the break up, but my point is the introduction.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
This is not about being pro "anybody", just the facts. You are giving Cilla a lot of power, assuming that she and she alone decided how to run things at the funeral. Vernon was there along with everybody else. Who better than Vernon would know what his son would prefer in a time like this. If we are to believe that Elvis loved Ginger and that he intended on marrying her, don`t you think that Vernon would have given her her rightful place at the front instead of in the back. Vernon knew the truth and acted accordingly. SAD BUT TRUE.

Posted by Fan4life
yrs ago
Jeanie read carefully because you are missing major facts.. I asked about VERNONS`s funeral not Elvis`. I don`t like to stand up for Priscilla. However as the mother of Lisa Marie I`m sure Vernon needed and wanted her help. After all there is NO DOUBT that Vernon was beside himself with grief. I have many questions about Ginger`s claim (which I again am not calling her a liar in any way) of marriage. If they got engaged in January why wasn`t it announced in the next 8 months? Did Elvis propose in his bathroom or Lisa`s bedroom (she stated both while doing an interview with her sister), and also I don`t think someone who believed in God, as Elvis did, would choose December 25th. for a wedding.

Posted by Jeanine
yrs ago
Fan4life, one other thing. Ginger was at Elvis funeral. It`s just that Cilla shoved her into the back where she wasn`t as visiable. Since when does an ex-wife take front and center over the current Fiancee ? It was a travesty and just another example of how appearances can be deceiving. I`m sure Cilla was a bit more envious of Ginger than the past girlfriends E had. After all... he didn`t want to marry any of them. And everyone of them have written a book. I definately smell a huge bias that is pro Cilla and Linda Thompson on this website.

Posted by Jeanine
yrs ago
Fan4Life, Elvis was a different person from the time he made promises to marry Cilla at age 14. Ginger was nothing like Cilla and was much more mature than your adverage 20 year old. You can see this during her televised interviews not long after Elvis passed. If all E was looking for was companionship he didn`t have to hang on to Ginger for it. He could have had his pick. This is a no brainer.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Thank you Fan4life, there are still many around like you that know the TRUTH. If and when Ginger writes this book, it will be challenged by many of us who know the TRUTH and will and can dispute whatever her mind can and has imagined. Elvis did say things that Ginger wanted to hear, and because she was so young, she believed them. It is no secret that Elvis could never be alone, so he was not going to tell her, I WILL NEVER MARRY YOU, of course not, he needed and wanted companionship. She was and will remain one of the many girlfriends, no matter what she writes now.

Posted by fan4life
yrs ago
Jeannie in a final conclusion...I don`t want to leave you with the impression that I believe you or Ginger are lying. I honestly think that maybe Elvis told her what he thought she wanted. Elvis liked to please people although he had a temper and was the man of the house. Remember he started telling Cilla he was going to marry her when she was 14. I personally just dont think it would have ever happened.

Posted by fan4life
yrs ago
Linda even went to Vernon`s funeral. Where was your friend Ginger then? So while I admit not to personally know Ginger (never met her) I do know plenty of other people who spent years with Elvis. In fact I was in Graceland often beteen 67-78. I have played with Lisa as a child and seen her from time to time as an adult. Since I was born in 65 I can`t tell you great details of all that went on. I have been back many times since it was opened to the public, once as an invited guest. cont...

Posted by FAN4LIFE
yrs ago
Jeanie, Do you not realize how many people Elvis gave jewelry to? The Memphis Mafia had TBC rings to match Elvis. Now do you really believe he was going to marry Jerry or Joe?? Elvis was so giving. In fact he gave alot easlier than he recieved. You see I might not know Ginger, but I do have a personal inside track on this topic. The interview where Ginger is referred to as a finance by Vernon was actually given the day of Elvis funeral. Ginger told him they were going to get married, Not Elvis. Ginger was very young, she had found Elvis` body and Lisa was there. Vernon later stated that he knew that Elvis would want Priscilla and him to work together for the funeral. Cont...

Posted by Jeanine
yrs ago
FYI : In one of the last interviews Vernon did for A major magazine ( I think it was Good Housekeeping, but I`m not sure ) He stated that Elvis was indeed enganged to Ginger and he planned on marrying her. Why else would Elvis have gone to his personal Jeweler and had the diamond removed from his ring and had it made into an engagement ring for Ginger ? DAHH . Elvis`s jeweler has confirmed this. You don`t have to believe me. You can find most of this stuff on general google searches on the internet. Her family and friends are encouraging her to finish her book because Elvis fans deserve to know the truth. Ir won`t " be the truth according to Ginger " IT WILL JUST BE THE TRUTH, period. She has no reason to lie. It`s time to set the record straight.

Posted by fan4life
yrs ago
Jeanine, I don`t know what snide comments you are talking about. When I said it is hard for me to stand up for her, I am talking about Priscilla. No I wasn`t in the room when or if a proposal was made. However, neither were you!!!!! I do not know Ginger. I do know that all true Elvis fans, family members, and friends say that he wasnt going to marry her. Even his father said he wasn`t. I do think that "true" friends of Gingers would be more respectable of her wish to remain silent. Why would they push for her to tell her story?????

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Gingers reasons for waiting so long to write a book is because she has been hoping that the people who know the truth would be dead and gone, they are still alive and will come forward and dispell whatever her fantasy story might be. EVERYONE that was there knows that Elvis never intended on marrying her.

Posted by Jeanine
yrs ago
Fan4life,quite frankly YOU don`t know Ginger and I take offense to your remarks about her character. The only reason she hasn`t written book before is because she has wanted to keep those memories private. It`s is only at the urging of her friends that she has decided to tell her story. You weren`t in the room when Elvis proposed to her so how would you know ? It`s people like you with their snide remarks that has prompted Ginger to wait so long to tell her story. If Elvis had picked anyone else that book would have been written YEARS AGO. Shame on you.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Ginger served one purpose for Elvis, COMPANIONSHIP. Yes, he gave her a ring, but that was to keep her around. Elvis updated his will shortly before he died, Ginger was a witness to this will and yet no mention of Elvis wanting Ginger to run Graceland, no mention of taking care of Ginger, he left her nothing. If she does write a book, it will be based on her pipe dreams. True Elvis fans know that this was not something that came out of his mouth

Posted by fan4life
yrs ago
It will be "The truth according to Ginger". Elvis didn`t want Ginger to take over Graceland. He wanted his father to. That is why it was left in his fathers care. Elvis left Ginger nothing!!! Maybe they did have a "beautiful love story" but according to Vernon, and those who were around Elvis (including several housekeepers and a cook) they were fighting the night before he died over HER wanting to get married and him not!!! Besides Elvis would never have picked Christmas Day for a wedding! I think that Ginger reminded Elvis of Priscilla, and it is hard for me to stand up for her. Funny Lisa and Ginger didn`t keep in contact but Lisa keeps in contact with Linda Thompson. Sorry Jeanine but you are mistaking on this one. Besides why would Ginger write a book now???? 31 years is a long time to romantize their relationship into something it wasn`t.

Posted by Jeanine
yrs ago
Elvis planned on marrying Ginger and discussed it with her the night before he passed away. He was in the process of " cleaning House " and getting rid of all the " hanger on `s,ENABELERS, the yes people and the users ". Ginger is writing a book and the truth will be told. Elvis wanted Ginger and Lisa Marie to take charge of Graceland. Not Priscilla. This will also be coming out in the book. It`s evident that Ginger is NOT an opportunist and has waited many years to finially tell her story. I`m sure Elvis would be very proud and would approve of her memoire`s. It is a beautiful love story and it will be a " block buster ". Only SHE knows the true story. After all, it was SHE who spent the last 9 months of his life with him. Not Priscilla. He was embarking on a healthy new lifestyle and making major changes in his life. It`s a shame he was taken before he could put his plans into action. At least the public will at last... KNOW THE TRUTH.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Thank you Fan4life for stating exactly what I have been stating all along, the "engagement" was only in Ginger`s mind, Elvis never said he was engaged or intended on marrying Ginger, sad but true. And yes he did update his will and Ginger was a witness, but he left her nothing. One would imagine that if this was in fact the woman he loved or intended on marrying, he then would have made sure that she was taken care of, he did`nt because that was not his intention. ELVIS HAD ONE AND ONLY WIFE, PRISCILLA. And while some may not like her or the fact that she is a PRESLEY, she has every right to continue to carry his name, she has never remarried. Graceland will always be Lisa Maries` home and her mother, Priscilla, as her mother will always be welcome there. No one else can say that, especially not Ginger, she has no right.

Posted by FAN4LIFE
yrs ago
Elvis did update his will after meeting Ginger. In fact she witnessed it for legal reasons. Google it. The only one who claimed they were about to announce an engagement was Ginger. In fact many staff, Vernon, and members of the memphis Mafia have stated over and over that Elvis and Ginger had a big fight over him not wanting to get married the night before he died. Although I am not a big fan of Priscilla`s I do believe that she saved Lisa`s inheritance (spelling). Graceland was almost bankrupt by 1979 when Vernon passed. I don`t blame Vernon I think that he really died of a broken heart when he lost his son.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
WOW Samantha, it seems like you are really upset by this, clearly you have to detach yourself a bit, don`t you think. I am simply stating facts that I have seen recently in the news about the most recent auction, I don`t believe that anyone other than his rightful ONE AND ONLY HEIR, Lisa Marie is the only one who deserves to have the items that clearly belonged and were his. Come on, let`s be friends. Have a good day.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
curiousone if you can`t say something nice about someone elvis really loved, why don`t you post on priscilla`s i can`t give up that presley last name website.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
that is the most ridiculous accusation. Elvis constantly gave people jewlery,clothes, belts of his which many others have sold, why should he have been any different especially with his fiancee? the public has been duped so often with false items it is great to see honest real items for sale.she would have sold it all much sooner if she was the greedy person you seem to want her to be as i am sure she needed the money more then than now.elvis gave all those items to her out of love i am sure just as he gave things to his family and friends.i guess when graceland had it`s archive sale all that was stolen too. he sure didn`t leave it to priscilla...

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
The things that were up for auction from Ginger`s collection was not jewelry he gave her, these were diamond necklaces that belonged to him, items he wore. So basically when he died, she grabbed all she could and now is cashing in. I could understand her keeping these things for true sentimental reasons, but why did she even have them, these were not gifts to her, they belonged to Elvis, they should have gone to his only heir, Lisa Marie.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
God bless her for hanging onto her items that he gave to her this long. She seems to have passed all the others in holding onto items.Graceland had their auction a few years back and exgirlfriends sold jewelry years ago.. After 30 years who could blame her...

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
She is cashing in already, there was an auction recently in which some of the items were from Ginger`s collection of Elvis jewelry and some of his private notes prior to his death. She is a smart girl, she took his jewelry and private notes. Cashing in quietly.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
Ginger and Elvis definitely were engaged. His father said they both came over to show him the ring and he knew they were engaged when he gave an interview in good houskeeping in 1978. go to elvisjeweler and lowell hayes talks about making the ring. even his stepbrothers and charlie hodge and larry geller all mentioned in various books about being around when elvis asked ginger. sure wish she would write a book.would be an interesting story of their time together and actually i wouldn`t blame her if she did at some point cash in. everyone else seems to have.

Posted by carrie parker
yrs ago
Hi Ginger has kept a very low profile since Elvis death and her silence is dignified, However I have no idea if Elvis and Ginger were ever engaged but he did not refer to her as his fiancee in the final televised concert as some people have said. He said "Say hello to my girlfriend Ginger" applause "OK thats enough for her!" and I quote. Elvis never said she was his fiancee but as I said good for her for not rubbishing his memory and cashing in. At the end of the day we all love Elvis and if she made himn happy in his final days then good for her

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
People are repeating what elvis said and they have all admitted elvis really loved ginger and vice-versa. we could say he said she said about anything in his life when you think about it...

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Another HE SAID, SHE SAID.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
just repeating statements that were made directly from elvis to someone who was there. his life and loves will remain in our hearts forever..

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
It really doesn`t matter how many people repeat what Ginger said in reference to the "engagement", Elvis never said it or announced it, so those are the facts. Elvis` music and legendary impact on Rock and Roll is what is important and what matters.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
The ring was because he had found the love he had been searching for...They didn`t set a date until the night of the 15th.. his stepbrother even stated that they made wedding plans that night. those are the facts...

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
The fact is that Elvis needed companionship and Ginger gave it to him, the ring was to keep her there. Engagement, there was none, if he loved her so much and was so happy about it, he would have made it known at the many concerts he gave, he didn`t because he was not ever going to marry her. As far as wanting to hold on to the thought of him loving no one other than Priscilla, it is not a want or wish, simply a fact. Elvis openly spoke about Priscilla and introduced her in his concerts way after they were divorced, he marveled over her beauty to the audience, and Lisa was not even there, so he was not being "friendly" with her for Lisa`s sake only, the man clearly loved Priscilla very much, even after the divorce.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
he also only had one fiancee.who are we to say who he loved and didn`t..he must have loved ginger very much to give her the engagement ring he gave her and told his dad he wanted more children and ginger to be the mother... lets honor his wishes and not pick and choose who we think he would be happy with.sometimes its hard not to invision a person with the first one they are really with or marry..the marriage was over and they remained friends for lisa....

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Elvis brought so much joy to so many and the important thing is that he still does. Let`s celebrate his life and enjoy his legacy. Facts are he was married to one woman and one woman only during his lifetime and the others in his life, the "girlfriends" will always remain just that.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
again only elvis and ginger know that.i think he was ready for change and would have married. he looked happy then and we hadn`t seen that in a while.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
This was ELVIS PRESLEY, get a grip, the man did nothing for himself, he had others do what needed to get done, so it would then make sense that he would have had to ask "someone" to make the preparations for a wedding, he didn`t because he never intended on marrying Ginger, I`m not saying that he was not with her for companionship, sure he was, but not to marry.

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
I don`t think Elvis confided that much in this group..They haven`t proven worth listening to as many fans agree. look what they have said about elvis. many do think that elvis would have married ginger. she was good for him just to bad they did not meet sooner. she was not a yes person as so many were.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Members of the Memphis Mafia that were with him till the very end have said that Elvis never intended to marry Ginger, yes he gave her a ring, but that was just to pacify her with the hope of marriage. If he were planning anything, let alone a marriage, his closest entourage would be out getting it done, Elvis never took care of things like this, he had someone to do it for him.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
The ones who actually went out

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Those close to Elvis, the ones who actually went out

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
Everybody knows Elvis and Ginger were engaged.He was supposed to announce it on his final tour which would have ended in Memphis. I think there were an awful lot of jealousies there. Had to be hard for any of his girlfriends, especially Ginger at the end.HIs own father spoke of their engagement and her ring years ago....

Posted by samantha kaye
yrs ago
We never heard of Jackie O in the public eye giving interviews on Jack. Some people just aren`t publicity hungry and move on with their lives and that in itself is a noble act.

Posted by curiousone
yrs ago
Ginger has stayed out of the public eye for a very specific reason, she knows what that is, and it is not a noble act on her part.

« Previous | 1 | 2 | Next »
Please click here to Post a Comment
Who's Dated Who? content is contributed and edited by our readers. You are most welcome to update, correct or add information to this page. Update Information
Ginger Alden

Main Details

Other Details

Career

Media

Publicity

Community

Features

Search by celebrity name, topic or keyword

Quick Links

Recent Favorites

Sema Mumcu

Sema Mumcu

saved by ghizlanne
39 minutes ago
Dark Prince: The True Story of Dracula (2000)
FamousFix up and running

FamousFix up and running

saved by Milena87744
47 minutes ago
Jedanaesta zapovijed

Jedanaesta zapovijed (1970)

saved by caesar78
50 minutes ago
Zivjeti od ljubavi

Zivjeti od ljubavi (1973)

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Whatever You Can Spare

Whatever You Can Spare (1979)

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Cetvrti suputnik

Cetvrti suputnik

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Whatever You Can Spare

Whatever You Can Spare

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Chronicle of a Crime

Chronicle of a Crime

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Zlocin u skoli

Zlocin u skoli

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Rana jesen

Rana jesen

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Face to Face

Face to Face

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Pad Italije

Pad Italije

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Pad Italije

Pad Italije (1981)

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
If You're Tryin' You Ain't

If You're Tryin' You Ain't (2009)

saved by martykeene
1 hour ago
Prodigal Sons

Prodigal Sons (2008)

saved by caesar78
1 hour ago
Woke Up On My Own

Woke Up On My Own (2009)

saved by martykeene
2 hours ago

Join Now

Register to update information, save favorites, post photos, news stories and comments.

Already A Member?

Email

Password